Timer Control Unit.
- Large seven segment LED digit numerical time display(s)
- Additional three line OLED alpha/numerical display
- Backlit keypad
- Programmable function keys
- RS485 connection to PLURA's GT Time Code generator
- USB configuration and setup
- Ethernet connection to PLURA’s MTDoE system
- Ethernet configuration and setup
- Assignable user rights management
- Built-in Time Code reader and MTD demultiplexer
- Four programmable GPIs (two inputs & two outputs)
- Based on various TV broadcasters and studio operators requests, PLURA developed the Multiple Time Display system (MTD).
- Its flexible design, the multi-timer and display system can easily be used in many different types of applications.
- Multiple studios can be interconnected and share all generated information.
- A MTD system consists of a central generator, digital displays and/or analog clocks coupled with a timer control unit.
- The central generator generates a specially encoded LTC signal, LTC(MTD).
- You can generate six different times (or timers) available in LTC(MTD) format, such as:
- Different time zones
- Dates and various up or down-counting timers
- The LTC(MTD) includes all six times in it’s userbits.
- Distributed to a digital display.
- One of the six available times or timers can be selected.
- The Timer Control Unit enables an easy submission of time and timers as well as a timers status.
TCU Control Panel
- TCU is a user console with a numerical LED display, with an OLED information display and a backlit keypad:
- The LED display has 15 mm digit height, 7- segment LEDs in red. It displays a time in the format(HH:MM:SS).
- The color of the OLED display (Organic Light Emitting Diode) is yellow. It displays the status information.
- The keypad has 18 backlit keys.
- All keys except the numeric keys 0-9 are programmable.
- The three keys without inscriptions are special function keys and the selected function is displayed on the OLED display.
- Optional 2nd Display (TCU H1).
- LTC input for reference time.
- Pwoer through an external power supply or directly from the Rubidium VL or VD module.
- The TCU can either be used in a tabletop format or mounted in a 19“-rack with 3RU/21HP.
- The TCU H1 housings is 19“ 1RU.
- TCUE is a control unit for MTDoE systems (MTD timer distribution over ethernet; for further information please see TCU datasheet).
- Several studios with larger complex and system can utilize multiple TCUs which are connected to one main central generator.
- User access right levels is possible, admin or other levels is supported for one or many TCUs unitstimers.
- Many functions functions can be selected within the configuration menu to name few:
- Built-in audio beeper.
- various GPIs for changing the display formats.
- Buzz signal after end of stopwatch period.
- Flash reminder indication.
- Start and stop signals can also be received from external sources to any of the GPIs.
- Software updates and configuration can be done over USB or Ethernet port (TCUE only).
- Tools and the latest firmware updates can be downloaded from www.plurabroadcast.com/downloads
TCUE - Discontinued
Product Model ID: TCU Product description: Timer control unit, tabletop housing Studio Production Timer Stand Alone Unit Product Model ID: TCU19 Product description: Timer control unit, table or rack mountable Studio Production Timer Stand Alone Unit Product Model ID: TCU H1 Product description: Timer control unit,19"/1 RU Studio Production Timer Rackmount Unit Product Model ID: TCUE - Discontinued Product description: Timer control unit, tabletop housing, ethernet-interface, PoE Studio Production Timer Stand Alone Unit Product Model ID: TCU H1E - Discontinued Product description: Timer control unit, 19", 1 RU, ethernet-interface, PoE Studio Production Timer Rackmount Unit
Options for TCU, TCU 19, TCU H1
TCU-EP External power supply
Options for TCU H1
TCU-DR Second display, 14 mm red TCU-DG Second display, 14 mm green TCU-DY Second display, 14 mm yellow